Smart Debate is a half speech time of public forum debate. It is designed as a warm up class for the more advance debate classes, such as Public Forum Debate and Policy Debate. This class is perfect for younger students or for students who need more scaffolding in English language. Successful smart debaters must make persuasive and logical arguments in a manner that is accessible to a wide variety of audiences. The debate topics for this particular class are carefully chosen to do the following: 1) topics are based on current events; 2) topics are interesting and educational for the students; and 3) topics are not overly challenging. For these reasons, we call this class a “smart debate” because through this class, an average student can become “smart” about what is happening in the world while honing on real debate skills.
- Learn to question premises.
- Learn to deduce from logical reasoning.
- Learn to infer from examples.
- Learn to refute seemingly true statements.
- Learn to theorize with logic.
- Learn in depth about the given topic.
- Learn to research and cut evidence.
- Learn to write coherent Pro & Con cases.
- Learn to argue in a persuasive manner.
- Learn to work in teams and win/lose with grace.
- Learn to overcome fears and become confident in speaking and debating in English.
- Age Appropriateness: 4th grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy: Pay in advance and no refund
Click Here To Register Online To Save A Spot Before You Pay: