Kids Book Writing is for students who are at a beginning level of writing who wants to become proficient at writing. The class curriculum is developed by Jessie Chen, the CEO of Taipei Debate Academy and Asian Debate League. She is a published author with a Cum Laude in English Literature, Summa Cum Laude in Masters in Teaching English, and a former college instructional aid and a high school English teacher. Jessie as the most competent and innovative English teacher in the United States is documented as she holds the record highest score on PRAXIS Exam.
This class is designed to enhance creative writing skills of your child in a short period of time by: 1) reading fun literature; 2) analyzing and memorizing the fun adjectives; 3) applying what they have read through creative writing; 4) compiling their writings into a personal book; 5) presenting their writing pieces in public with confidence and gestures.
- Learn to read critically.
- Learn adjectives to enhance creative writing
- Learn conventional grammar.
- Learn creative writing techniques.
- Kids compile their own book by inserting their own pieces of writing:
- letter to mom & dad,
- letter to sibling (or grandparents or any other family member),
- letter to my hero,
- letter to my friend,
- once upon a time I had this dream…,
- my creative story,
- comic strips,
- book report,
- my mini research paper
- Age Appropriateness: 3rd grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy: Pay in advance and no refund