Judge Must Do Steps
Please follow the Judge Steps below to be hired as a judge.
1. Obtain a free tabroom account. Instruction: https://asiandebateleague.com/research/research/judge-training/1-how-to-obtain-a-tabroom-account/
2. Write a judge paradigm. Instruction: https://asiandebateleague.com/research/research/judge-training/2-how-to-write-judge-paradigm/
3. Learn how to use online ballot. Instruction: https://asiandebateleague.com/research/research/judge-training/3-how-to-use-online-ballot/
4. Learn how to judge in general. Instruction: https://asiandebateleague.com/research/research/judge-training/adl-judge-training-slides/
5. Submit Conflict of Interest: The tabroom system will block you from judging your own students (as much as possible). However, if there are any additional students (due to personal relationship or issues) you should not be judging, you must submit the list in advance.-
Mandatory Judge Training
If you are new to judging, you must receive onsite face-to-face training from 7:30 8:30 AM before the tournament begins. If you are a student or an experienced judge, you may be assigned a round that conflicts with the training; in that case, you may skip the training.
Laptop/Phone Needed to Judge
Because we use online ballots, judges will require a device (laptop or phone) from which they can type up comments and submit ballots digitally.
Judges no longer need to run around trying to deliver ballots on time to the tab room in between rounds, as everything will be computerized with an online ballot. Don’t worry, online ballot is easier, just need to press two buttons: 1) START and 2) SUBMIT. Please follow the “Judge Must do Steps above to learn how. This video also teaches you how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_0-QHikCBg&t=3s–
Pay Scale for the hired judges (non-student) are approximately 2,500 – 3000 NT per 1 full day. However, if you are judging part time, it will be paid per round as below:
- Speech (EIM, EST, EOO): You will be paid $ 300 NT for judging 1 round. Each speech is from 1 -10 minutes, and the round itself do not exceed 60 minutes.
- PF/ LD Debates: You will be paid $ 300 NT for judging 1 round. Each of these rounds do not exceed 60 minutes.
- World School Debate (WSD): You will be paid $ 400 NT for judging 1 round. Each round do not exceed 70 minutes, excluding the prep time.
- Policy Debate (CX): You will be paid $ 500 NT for judging 1 round. Each policy round is about 90 minutes.
We will do our best to have you judge what you prefer, but there is no guarantee that you will only judge your preference in times of need.
If you have questions, please call us at 02-2876-1866 from 2:00 – 8:00 PM (Monday – Friday) and 10 AM – 6 PM (Saturday). You can also LINE us <http://nav.cx/6qTXpan>.
Thank you for reading and see you at the tournament!