English is difficult because it is a mixture of many western languages. However, if you master the root words, learning new words becomes fun and logical because root words are the basis of all western languages. This is why most SAT Prep Schools teach root words, but English teachers no longer teach root words in the classrooms, and students as a result have limited vocabulary repertoire and suffer greatly in terms comprehension and writing academic papers.
This class fixes this problem for good. Jessie Chen has invented an innovative ways to teach root words in a fun way by playing games–guaranteed your child will love this class!
The class curriculum is developed by Jessie Chen, the CEO of Taipei Debate Academy and Asian Debate League. She is a published author with a Cum Laude in English Literature, Summa Cum Laude in Masters in Teaching English, and a former college instructional aid and a high school English teacher. Jessie as the most competent and innovative English teacher in the United States is documented as she holds the record highest score on PRAXIS Exam.
- Learn 200 most commonly used root words.
- Learn the origin of words.
- Learn prefix, base, and suffix.
- Learn to guess unfamiliar words based on its roots.
- Age Appropriateness: 4th grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy: Pay in advance & no refund
Root Words 1st Page: Boys Win
- Brandon 01:43 minutes Theodora 01:34 minutes
- Dylan 01:46 minutes Haeun 01:57 minutes
Root Words 2nd Page: Boys Win
- Andrew 02:12 minutes Theodora 02:10 minutes
- Dylan 02:13 minutes Yvonne 02:17 minutes
Typing Both 1st & 2nd page: Boys Win
- Dylan 222 words Lauren 178 words (5 minutes)
- Jeremy 172 words Yvonne 128 words (5 minutes)
Boys: Root Words 1st Page: 2nd Page
- Andrew 1:39 minutes Ryan 2:35
- Dylan 1:40 Andrew 1:52
- Brandon 1:43 Allen 2:05
- Jeremy 1:45 Dylan 2:13
- Ryan 1:48 Jeremy 2:30
- Jack 2:11 Brandon 2: ?
- Allen 2:15 Jack 3:10
Girls: Root Words 1st Page: 2nd Page
- Haeun 1:16 Haeun 1:19
- Theodora 1:19 Theodora 1:19
- Yvonne 1:28 Yvonne 1:42
- Elsa 1:54 Elsa 2:05
- Lauren ? Lauren