Creative Writing is for students who have completed “Kids Book Writing” class and want to continue to improve their writing skills. The class curriculum is developed by Jessie Chen, the CEO of Taipei Debate Academy and Asian Debate League. She is a published author with a Cum Laude in English Literature, Summa Cum Laude in Masters in Teaching English, and a former college instructional aid and a high school English teacher. Jessie as the most competent and innovative English teacher in the United States is documented as she holds the record highest score on PRAXIS Exam.
This class is designed to enhance creative writing skills of your child in a short period of time by: 1) reading classic Western literature; 2) memorizing adjectives; 3) applying what they have read through creative writing; 4) presenting their writing pieces with confidence and gestures.–
Learning Objectives (contents will vary with different teachers):
- Learn to read critically.
- Learn adjectives to enhance creative writing
- Learn conventional grammar.
- Learn creative writing techniques.
- Kids compile their own book by inserting their own pieces of writing, some of the writing prompts for this class include, but are not limited to:
- write a poem using words of one-syllable only,
- write about your first name
- write about your home
- write about a significant place
- write about a significant person
- recall a photograph from your life and describe it
- narrate a story about a person or a family member
- describe a holiday ritual, using second person “you”
- create a still-life in the room that implies a dramatic moment
- describe a moral dilemma and explain what you would do
- create a short story that is 26 sentences long
- create a how to manual for something you do well
- describe a room of someone who has just won the lottery
- my mini research paper
- Age Appropriateness: 5th grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy: Pay in advance and no refund