Does your child’s writing need a boost?
Teacher Brandon, a former professional Writing Center teacher, can help.
ADL’s Academic Writing course (Grades 7-9), developed by Brandon Gergel & ADL CEO Ms. Jessie, offers a systematic approach to writing. Teacher Brandon has developed an organized, step-by-step method that helps students turn their ideas into finished academic essays. In course surveys, parents point to this as one of the biggest benefits of the class.
Teacher Brandon will send parents and students weekly personalized feedback on students’ writing. Students will also learn 100 high-level vocabulary words per semester. Studying writing, analysis and vocabulary in this way will immensely benefit students on the new evidence-based reading and writing sections of the SAT. These skills are what the best American universities expect to see in prospective students.
Students’ Writing Samples:
- Annabelle Huang – Grade 7, Taipei European School
- Derek Shih – Grade 6, Taipei American School
- Alisha Cheng – Grade 6, Hsinchu American School
- Learn to read critically.
- Learn to discuss critically.
- Learn to write critically.
- Learn Academic and other advance vocabularies.
- Learn conventional grammar.
- Learn academic writing techniques.
- Learn to write high school level papers.
To sign up, please call ADL at 02 2876 1866 or speak with ADL staff
- Age Appropriateness: Grade 7 – 9
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Class Times: : Fridays 4:30 – 6:30 PM (Tianmu); Saturdays 1:00 – 3:00 PM (Downtown Campus)
- Payment Policy: Pay in advance and no refund