If you are planning to get a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the U.S., be prepared to make presentations, presentations, and more presentations. Student-centered teaching is the norm in the U.S. higher education institutes. If you are shy, if you do not know how to argue, if you can’t debate about current topics of the day, you will surely feel left out in the classroom discussions.
Public forum debate is the perfect solution for those who are preparing for B.A. or M.A. degrees in the U.S. This type of debate can be compared to a nationally-televised CNN Crossfire in which the debaters argue a topic of national importance. Successful public forum debaters must make persuasive and logical arguments in a manner that is accessible to a wide variety of audiences.
- Learn to question premises.
- Learn to deduce from logical reasoning.
- Learn to infer from examples.
- Learn to refute seemingly true statements.
- Learn to theorize with logic.
- Learn in depth about the given topic.
- Learn to research and cut evidence.
- Learn to write coherent Pro & Con cases.
- Learn to take notes with symbols and speed.
- Learn to argue in a persuasive manner.
- Learn to work in teams and win/lose with grace.
- Learn to overcome fears and become confident in speaking and debating in English.
- Age Appropriateness: 6th grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2.5 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy:
- Pay in advance
- Pay Cash
- No refund