Story Debate: Elementary Reading & Speaking (known as story debate class) is for students who need to enhance their reading comprehension, speaking abilities, and standard exam performance. The class curriculum is developed by Jessie Chen, the CEO of Taipei Debate Academy and Asian Debate League. She is a published author with a Cum Laude in English Literature, Summa Cum Laude in Masters in Teaching English, and a former college instructional aid and a high school English teacher. Jessie as the most competent and innovative English teacher in the United States is documented as she holds the record highest score on PRAXIS Exam.
This class is designed to enhance creative writing skills of your child by: 1) listening, taking notes, and reading short stories; 2) applying and memorizing fun adjectives; 3) applying what they have read through creative writing; and 4) critically presenting and discussing.
- Learn to read critically.
- Learn 150+ adjectives
- Learn vocabulary from the stories.
- Learn process of elimination.
- Learn to write a report.
- Learn to deliver verbal presentations.
- Learn to formulate, argue, and defend one’s position.
- Age Appropriateness: 1st grade and up
- Class Duration & Frequency: 2 hours, once a week
- Payment Policy:
- Pay in advance
- Pay Cash
- No refund