- When ADL students have been taking any one of the ADL classes for more than 6 months, we start issuing NJFL points for them.
- If you have not been taking ADL classes for 6 months, but you are currently attending one of the debate classes, then you can start to earn NJFL points immediately.
- Please download the NJFL Point Record Sheet and fill out your points.
- If you are confused, download the sample, and study how it is done.
- Give your coach NT$150 for 1 year NJFL membership fees, so he can register for you.
- Give ADL administrator NT$100 per 1 page processing fee for recording your points online.
- The points can be from any place as long as it is related to speech and debate.
|Degree of Membership||Points||Seal Description||Chapter Strength Value|
|Base level of membership (certificate)||0-9 pts.||– None –||1|
|Degree of Participation (first seal)||10 pts.||Orange on White||2|
|Degree of Recognition||50 pts.||Yellow on White||3|
|Degree of Accomplishment||100 pts.||Green on White||4|
|Degree of Achievement||200 pts.||Black on Metallic Silver||5|
|Degree of Outstanding Achievement||400 pts.||Metallic Silver on Black||6|
|Degree of Distinguished Achievement||650 pts.||Red on Metallic Silver||7|
|Degree of Superior Achievement||1000 pts.||Blue on Metallic Gold||8|
- Points can be earned from 1) Debate, 2) Speech, and 3) Service.
- These records will be online permanently for your future references.
- Allocation: W(win)=4 points; L(loss)=2 points; N/D(no decision)=2 points.
- For Individual record, type in your 1) name + 2) graduating year on this website: http://njfl.nflonline.org/points_application/reports.php.
How Students are Enrolled
- The NJFL will email an invoice to the chapter advisor.
- On the school profile page of the database, the advisor may click the red stop sign with the exclamation point (next to the school name) to match students’ merit (enrollment) date with the invoice date, to know which students gained membership for a particular invoice. On that same screen, the advisor may pay fees with a credit card.
- Approximately a week later, the NJFL will mail membership cards, certificates, and any seals for advanced degrees earned. In the envelope, please read the reverse side of the mailed invoice for important details.
- The advisor may not add points until the NJFL receives all fees due.
- After 60 days, unpaid invoices are assessed a $60 late fee.
How Points Are Recorded
In the spirit of keeping it simple, the new National Junior Forensic League point menu is the same as non-main National Forensic League events at the high school level. A student competing at a tournament receives points for every round of competition according to the following scale (and coaches do not need to calculate the points themselves; the points database does so, automatically):
|Congress (Points)||Debate Events (Wins/Losses)|
|First place:Second place:
Fifth place and beyond:
|Up to 5 points
per speech, daily limit of 20 points.
While competition rounds earn students more points, NJFL also stays true to its roots, encouraging involvement beyond interscholastic participation. Here is the scale for such speaking engagements, recorded in the “Service” area.
|Classroom Presentations||Community Speaking|
|One (1) point per presentation, up to two may be recorded in a day. Minimum presentation length is three minutes.||Two (2) points per speaking engagement, up to two may be recorded in a day. Minimum presentation length is four minutes.|